December 19: All Is Well

Fourth Week of Advent: Love
December 19: All Is Well (United States of America) - Links & Lyrics Below

Matthew 9:36

The wait is almost over! Christmas is just a few days away.

I don’t know if you’re anything like me, but I really do not like waiting. I’m so bad that if I see a line with more than 2 people, I will either continue shopping or put my items back.

Recently, I went to the drive-thru with a friend. The nice young man at McDonald’s told me it would be a two-minute wait for my fries. TWO minutes? Are you kidding me? I was pretty upset, and my friend said the one word that has the complete opposite effect on me: Relax.

Do you REALLY think I relaxed? I’ll give you a hint, NO.

We all have had our moments. During Advent and the days before Christmas, it’s easy to let stress overwhelm us.

Listen to the song: All Is Well. It’s like Jesus is whispering to us to just relax and to let His peace enter our hearts. But if we really listen to His whisper, we won’t get upset, we will start to feel comfort and peace. It really is okay if you do not finish all your baking, shopping, or cleaning. Jesus is who matters.

Jesus is real, approachable, and responsive. He was born into this world and was affected by the people around Him. In the Gospel of Matthew, we hear “His heart was moved with pity for them because they were troubled and abandoned…”

Now invite Jesus into those places that aren’t well: the places where you feel troubled or abandoned.
Let His peace overwhelm you.

Sarah Gavin
Youth Minister – Corpus Christi Catholic
Youth Ministry Coordinator – St. Joseph Catholic 






All is well all is well Angels and men rejoice
For tonight darkness fell Into the dawn of love's light
Sing Ale Sing Alleluia

All is well all is well Let there be peace on earth
Christ is come go and tell That He is in the manger
Sing Ale Sing Alleluia

All is well all is well Lift up your voice and sing
Born is now Emmanuel Born is our Lord and Savior
Sing Alleluia Sing Alleluia All is well

Born is now Emmanuel Born is our Lord and Savior
Sing Alleluia Sing Alleluia All is well



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

December 18: Laylat Al-Milad

November 30: O Holy Night

Christ in Our Carols - Booklet Cover & introduction